Saturday, December 22, 2012

My folded magazine "tree"

I came across an idea for this little magazine tree and I pinned it for future reference.  I used to make these as a kid - probably in Brownies.
The best magazine for it is a Reader's Digest and even though I know it's borderline sacrilegious to destroy one, I forged on...
I used a clip to hold the pages together that I had already folded.  
(Go here for a real tutorial.)
As you can see, I was at the breakfast table.  Scout was watching me, eating his cereal.  You never know when creativity will strike...I think it took me about 30-45 minutes.
Halfway there!  Time for Scout to catch the bus...
I really love my little magazine tree.  After Christmas it might go live in the bookcase.
For now it sits on the mantle with the little trees I am collecting...
a recycled thing of beauty, no?




1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh I used to wish I could make one of those trees whenI was younger. My friends would always get the Sears and Roebuck catalog and make it out of that. We rarely went to that store so I was unable to obtain the catalog.
Cute tree! :)